These days, I'm studying "Justice" by Michael Sandel. This book is a bestseller in Korea. I ordered both Korean and English versions of this book, and thanksfully watch his lecture video at http://www.justiceharvard.org for free.
Joke first; His face and voice reminds me "Ben" at the famous TV show "LOST." Am I the only one that it occured to?
To my joy, he cited many books or philosophers which are also in my bookshelf, especially "Great Books of the Western World" by Britannica. I bought this set of books as used at a San Diego public library only for 70 dollars, original private library edition of 1952, older than my age.
One of my hope is that I could read all these books sometimes.
I searched if there is a set of books like "Great Books of the EASTERN World", but I could not find. Some announced best books of China, Japan and Korea, however those are not available as a set.
Instead of buying great books of EASTERN world (because it was not available to me), I bought a cartoon book set by Cài Zhìzhōng(채지충, 蔡志忠), of which Korean translation is quite unsatisfactory.
Anyhow now I am very wondered how the Eastern great philosophers would answer to Michael Sandel's fundmental questions.
2010-08-20
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I wonder if you are satisfied with translation of JUSTICE by Michael Sandel in Korean.
ReplyDelete